Wednesday 16 March 2011

The L O S T Round-Up

Now the reason I spent 3 posts on the LOST ARG. This was the most AMAZING example of Cross Media Practice, as it exhibited the same sort of media that we are now looking at. It included video, website, radio and live events. Obviously, it went a hell of a lot further than we could ever achieve, what with a book being written that was actually released, and I own, free chocolate bars given out and active mega sponsors that were included in the promotion of the ARG.

To simply put it, this is what we should be marginally trying to aim for in creating cross platform products. LOST is a show that really did push the cross platform because other than creating this ARG, they also released micro episodes that were released to Verizon mobile owners in the States, and later put online:


A video game that was available on PS3, XBOX 360 and PC:


And another three ARGs, one of which failed due to the recession but all no where near as grander scale as The Lost Experience. My favourite was the final one as it set me off on my new obsession of silk screen posters, to which I now own FAR too many but still:




And that's it! I promise not to talk about LOST anymore, from now on, I will only be talking about my XPP project. This was just how I got to grips of what Cross Platform Practice was.

No comments:

Post a Comment