Thursday 10 March 2011

Short Post...

We had the results of the focus group back today. It was really positive, which is good.

The results regarding the QR codes was as I expected, only 1 girl knew what it was because her mom did it once. I was also glad to hear the producer say "They are girls though, boys may know what they are"

Another interesting thing I learnt was that people still use MSN to talk to each other. About 6 people had a Facebook account, out of a group of, actually, I don't know how many, if it's out of 10 it's not that bad.

Anyway, poster results. The posters shown to them was the following:


This poster just got a resolute no, which is ok considering it was the first design and I didn't think it was great.

This one apparently freaked them out, with some saying they probably wouldn't go on the site because it may have a lot more images like it. Kind of a shame as it got the reaction we wanted but too much so...

There were no comments on this one, I presume because it got the same sort of results as the last poster, they are pretty much the same. I didn't finish this one, I think I changed the spider to the one above. Oh well, dunno why they chose those two to show, maybe because it had the red colour logo on it.

This one I think I hoped the kids would hate. This was the one they liked the most. Balls! Although, what they liked about it wasn't really clear but what I got from it is that they liked the text taking up image and the vortex spirals. Nothing was said about the actual text style, but the group weren't found of it as it looks like flames. Kind of does actually.

So anyway, yeah, that gives me enough of an idea for the designs. We film on Monday so these posters need to be done so I can start editing Monday evening. Oh yeah, editing, I forgot that was what i'm on this course to do. Strange! I think i'll start doing these Apple Motion tutorials I have so I can have a bit of good knowledge about it, although it makes logical sense to learn After Effects but I can't afford that just yet. Price is £1047.60 so yeah, not getting that for a while I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment